Thursday, October 20, 2011

Bacon, Its What's For Breakfast!

I figured I better have my first real post about the name of my blog....bacon!  I have bacon (or sausage) almost every morning for breakfast.  What's not to love?  It is super-tasty, filling, and can be taken with you on your drive to work.  Normally, I'll have it with a side of eggs, whether in the scrambled, fried, or omelet form.  If you don't think you have time to cook some up in the morning, fry it the night before and take 10 seconds to reheat in the microwave before you head out the door.




Some people are probably saying to themselves, "good luck not having a heart attack by the time you're 40."  When in fact, I believe bacon gets a bad rap.  It's the toast that is going to kill you, not the bacon.  But that is for another post some other day.  And please don't try to fool yourself with turkey bacon...blech!

Preferably, I enjoy the thick cut bacon or as I like to call it, bacon steaks.  Currently, Chris and I have been noshing on some bacon from a pig that Chris' nephew raised (pictured above).  If I buy from the grocery store, I go with Fanestil.

Happy frying!

No comments:

Post a Comment