Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Big Three Zero Around the Corner

Last week was my birthday and I turned 29 which means next year is the big one for me.  Does the thought of turing 30 scare me...heck no!  It may be cliche but I truly do believe that age is just another and you are as young (or old) as you feel.  I have a lot of exciting things ahead of me and am ready to take life challenges on as they come at me.  Hit me with your best shot Pat Benatar!  You may be wondering where the heck are you going with this and how does it relate to your blog.  Well, in my first post I did mention that this won't always be about food.  It will, however, relate a little bit back to food.  Just stay with me. 

I might have to get a pig shaped birthday cake for next year.

If you look at a lot of successful people you might observe that they are normally pretty fit.  I'm not saying there is a 100% correlation but this has at least been my observation.  Fit and successful people are normally both pretty disciplined, persistant, make goals/plans for themselves to strive for, and are passionate about what they do, just to name a few.  To be successful being fit can be critical.  Living a healthy lifestyle helps successful people keep the long hours and demanding schedules that are normally a part of their daily lives.


Tony Horton - Bring It!

So as I continue to live and the years go by I want to make sure I keep myself fit because I want to be a successful business woman, mother (one of these days), and wife.  Will that be easy...absolutely not but if I was in poor shape and sick all the time it would probably be impossible.  Also, as people and especially women get busy with work, family, etc, it becomes even more important to take time for ourselves.  That can be a walk or bike ride outside, a relaxing yoga session, or good pump in the gym.  Not only do you get some "me" time but the exercise will help ward off the stress that everyday life can hand you.

So I'm rambling a little bit and you're still wondering where I'm going with this.  Well, I've been thinking of some fitness goals for myself next year to achieve before my 30th birthday.  Most I will share and some I will keep personal.  Luckily, I have an extremely supportive and loving husband who tells me how good I look everyday (sorry if that's TMI) but I'm always about continuous self-improvement and want to tighten some things up like my abs.  I'm not saying I want to look like one of these chicks and enter a fitness competition...yikes!  Everyone has their own ideal body and it should be one that is sustainable  without starving yourself and one that makes you happy.

Not my ideal look but maybe it's your's!

So here are a few of my goals I am going to train for the next 12 months:
1) Warrior Dash - Chris and I signed up for it last year but then my sister scheduled her wedding for the same weekend.  However, as hot as it was and considereing a couple people died last year I'm pretty glad we didn't go.  I'm not much of a runner but this looks fun.
2) Tinman Triathlon in Topeka - Always wanted to do it but never signed up so now it's out there.
3) 100 Push Up Challenge - Why not?
4) 50 Mile Bike Ride - kind of random but I really enjoy riding and it seems like it will be challenging but still doable.
5) Be an American Gladiator - Ok, probably not since they don't have that show anymore but when I was younger and the show was on I really really wanted to be one.

My sister and I with Justice from the newer American Gladiator at California Pizza Kitchen on the Plaza a couple of years ago.   I was pretty stoked!

So how does this all relate to my blog?  Well, it's my blog so I make the rules and can say anything I want.   But eating the right way will help me attain my goals.  That post will be another day though.  Definitely not in December when everyone is dominating sugar cookies and candy canes.

Sorry if this post was a bit boring and I didn't have any yummy food pics for you but I wanted to get this out there and I hope everyone can help keep my accountable in the next year.  As they are accomplished I will keep everyone updated.  Or at least for whoever is bored enough to read my blog.  =)

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget to add one of Phoebe's goals before 30....hopping around the street on a hippity hop ball :] Then treat yourself at Central Perk.

    ReplyDelete