Thursday, December 22, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Woohoo!  It's Christmas time!!!!  I hope everyone isn't too stressed out right now!  Too often it is easy to get stressed out this time of year with so much to do and seemingly too little time to do it in.  I just wanted to take a quick moment and remind everyone to take a step back and enjoy and appreciate what they have.  Enjoy and appreciate your family that you get to spend time with even if it is crazy Cousin Eddie.  Not to be morbid and depressing but you never know if this is the last Christmas you may get to spend with someone.



If you do happen to be stressed and frazzled I heard a saying the other day that helps me out.  Not that this is the first time I had heard it but really thought about it.  Let it be.  That's it, just let it be.  Not let it be awesome or let it be something, just let it be.  Sit back, relax, and let it be.



This is also not the time of year to be worried about diet.  I am normally pretty conscientious about what I eat but it's Christmas and I indulge...a lot.  Not saying that I don't get belly aches and I don't feel as good so there are consequences but oh well.  If you're not sure how to indulge, read this link on holiday eating tips.  Lots of great advice.  Tip #5 is my favorite.

If you are looking for some recipes for the holidays, whether it is an appetizer for a party or the main dish for Christmas dinner check out these sites:

Williams-Sonoma - one of my all time places to find recipes, especially for entertaining
Serious Eats - just found this web site and is chock full of awesomeness!
Epicurious - I don't use this site as much but still has a lot of recipes to choose from

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment