Sunday, December 4, 2011

Best Ribs Ever!

So I've been slacking on my blogging the last few weeks.  I am helping coach high school basketball so my evenings are thinner and normally consist of me coming home after practice, eating, and then plopping on the couch for a bit and then to bed.  Pretty exciting stuff.

Anyways, last week was my birthday, the big 29.  Since I had basketball practice I didn't want to travel to KC or anywhere far and have a late night driving home.  Man, I'm really sounding old. =S  So my solution was to head to Guy & Mae's in Williamsburg for ribs with Chris and my family.  If you haven't been there you are truly missing out.  Best ribs ever and I'm not exaggerating one bit.  They are fall off the bone tender and just amazing.  I'm a big fan of their sauce as well.  It's tomato-ey, with a little vinegar and sweetness.  Not thick and syrupy like that KC masterpiece crap.



I love the atmosphere there.  It is a small town hole in the wall bar with friendly service and they serve beer in mason jars.  Fridays and Saturdays can get pretty packed so I like to go on a week night with friends and hang out at the pool table and play your style of tunes on the juke box.  Hello Journey!


Unfortunately, I forgot to take a pic of my slab of ribs because I was starving and dove straight into them.  My sister, however, did get a pic of me chowing down on one of them. I attempted to dominate my entire slab but fell three short.  My sister made cupcakes so I figured I had better save some room for one since her cupcakes never disappoint! The waitress there also brought me a "birthday pickle" with a candle to blow out.  It was a fun night and the food as always was YUMMO!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment